- 1900: Hiram Smith died. Ownership of house passed onto his wife, Vesta.
- 1919: John F. Brown bought the house.
- 1932: Quinn family buys the house and turns it into three apartments.
- 1930s: Octagon House's cupola torn down by William Quinn.
Adams, Peter. Neenah Historical and Architectural Survey and Nomination Project Intensive Survey Report.
Rep. Neenah, Wisconsin: n.p., 1982. Print.
Lang, Jane. Personal interview. 15 May 2014.
Mulder, Donna. "Restoring a Piece of History." The News-Record [Neenah, Wisconsin] 30 Apr. 1997: Print.
"Octagon House- Neenah, WI." Midwestern Paranormal Investigative Network. N.p., n.d. Web. 23 May 2014.
Quinn, Donald. A Home For History: Cupola. N.p.: n.p., n.d. Print
Schroeder, Rick. Hiram Smith House. Historic Structure Report. N.p.: n.p., 3 March 2003. Print.
"The Fowler Brothers." Talking Heads. Boston, Massachusetts: Boston Medical Library, 1970. 5. Countway.harvard.edu. Web. 10 May 2014.
*Pictures were taken by Olivia Will, courtesy of Ms. Jane Lang and the Neenah Historical Society